Recipe from Giada De Laurentis on Food Network
- 2 whole-wheat pitas, halved and opened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (or less)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (or squeeze of lemon juice)
- 1/2 cup Arugula Pesto, recipe follows
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken diced into 1/4-inch pieces (or bake chicken breast and dice)
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup arugula
- feta cheese would have been great in this meal
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Arrange the pita halves on a baking sheet and bake for 5 to 7 minutes until warmed through.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon zest and Arugula Pesto. Stir in the diced chicken.
To assemble the pita pockets, fill each pita half with the chicken mixture. Top with tomatoes and 1/4 cup arugula and serve.
- 2 cups packed arugula (I use baby arugula with organic baby mixed herbs)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- I added a sprinkle of dill weed
For the pesto, blend the arugula and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the oil until well blended. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper.