I feel like runners can struggle with an identity crisis after completing such an accomplishment as the marathon. I ask myself, “Now what? Where do I go from here?”
I have no idea what my next challenge will look like or how training will look now that I completed the goal I always wanted to achieve.
I can rest knowing these things about myself:
- A Daughter to a momma who is training to Boston Qualify
- A Wife to a husband who is excited about spending more time with me outside of training
- A Sister to a sweet girl who just got married and moved to Alaska
- A Bible Study Leader to my incredible high school girls who I cherish getting the chance to walk through life with me and celebrate homecoming, boys, and studying the Word of God
- A Sister-in-law to my awesome brothers/sisters/niece who is preparing for 2 sibling weddings
- A Follower of Christ so I can rest in my identity in Him alone
- An Athlete…(a Marathoner to be exact) I am still trying to see where to go from here, I will keep you posted
Has anyone else experieced, post-event blues?