Sweet Potatoes are packed with the vitamins we need as runners. B6, C, D, iron, magnesium, potassium (electrolytes… reduce swelling, aids in muscle contractions, beta carotenes, and antioxidants make this a great food. I had this for lunch with the Summery Dilly Cucumbers, but it would also make a great side dish.
- Poke medium sweet potato with a fork all over
- Place on a paper towel and cook for 3-5 mins
- Half the potato, slightly mash
- Top with tiny sliver of butter, drizzle honey, and sprinkle with sea salt
Other Ideas…Self Magazine suggested:
Almond Butter & Maple Sauce….
- In a bowl mix: 2 tblnspns almond butter, 2 tspns maple syrup
- (I’m not quite sure about this… that’s how I came up with my own salty/sweet combo above)
Next on my list to make… Chickpea- Sweet Potato Burgers