I recently read the Runner’s World article Grocery Run and wanted to share it with you. I loved how the article went aisle by aisle helping to decipher the runner friendly foods from the crap. Check it out for yourself. Here are some bullet points I am adding to my grocery list this weekend.
- mobile compatible grocery list here
- Shop color, avoid prepackaged, chopped fruit, ready made smoothies packed with sugar, and iceberg lettuce
- download these apps: FishPhone, Seafood watch for sustainable fish options
- Check for organic, grass fed beef
- look for Barilla whole grain linguine for pasta and Eden Organic spaghetti sauce
- toss out bagels, toss in whole grain english muffins
- say no to: yogurt covered nuts/pretzels, salted nuts/seeds, and sweetened dried fruit
Check out the article because it has TONS of resources of what to toss out of your pantry and what to toss into your cart.