Pioneer Woman stole my heart with this recipe. I love the spices she used, tang of the sharp cheddar cheese, and ease of the rotisserie chicken that I added instead of boiled chicken. Let’s be honest, chicken foam from boiled chicken is the 2nd grossest thing from handling raw chicken which is my 1st grossest thing. Ewww… sorry, moving on.
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2.5 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 diced red or green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 9×13 casserole pyrex
- Oven 350
- Boil chicken broth and add spaghetti to cook in the broth…. keep the broth after your cook and strain the spaghetti
- Shred Chicken from rotisserie chicken…use however much you want, I used 2 breast and 1 side of the dark meat
- Add to Pyrex and mix together: Shredded chicken, 1.5 cup cheese, soups, onion, bell pepper, seasoning, cooked spaghetti, and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Use the remaining chicken broth and add to the chicken spaghetti casserole mixture so that it has a wet consistency. It will thicken in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40mins
1. Leftovers: save some chicken broth and add to the leftovers before you microwave it so give it the best texture and flavor.
2. I made the entire recipe and “cut it” in thirds. 1/3rd of the casserole I put into a smaller pyrex and baked it for what we were going to eat that night. The other 2/3rds of the casserole I put into 2 different gallon bags and froze them for easy dinner later this month.