A new creation! How exciting and glorious and true! We can teach our littles about how amazing God is and what Christ did for those in Him using a butterfly. The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a favorite for B, so why not use them together?!
I grabbed the book and found anything around the house that would make this book become more tangible.
The play food and real food combo made this the perfect after nap activity with a snack built right in.
Snack to eat: watermelon balls, strawberries, and an apple.
Play Food: ice cream, sausages, cupcakes
Real food: spinach leaves hole punched
The book in action:
- Making connections of finding the watermelon on the page and in the bin
- Counting the holes on the page and on the leaves with our Catepiller
- How a caterpillar becomes a butterfly
- How we are made into a new creation
- Paint stick or any pen, stick will work
- Construction paper
- Masking tape to tape paper to paint stick
- Pipe cleaner for antenna