Y’all, this one is going in the monthly rotation for sure! I’ve never made a “one pot or 1 skillet dinner” so this was super fast and super great!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (I used organic 85/15)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Essence (I used Cajan Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 1 small chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms (we ommitted)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/4 pound small elbow macaroni or wide egg noodles, cooked
1/2 cup beef broth (I used this 1/2 to 1 cup of beef broth enough to cook the noodles)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I also had some extra cream cheese to make it creamier)
Season the beef with the salt, pepper, and Essence.
In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the seasoned beef and cook, stirring, until well browned and all pink has disappeared. Drain off any excess oil in the skillet.
Add the onions and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and cook, stirring until the mushrooms have released their juices, about 2 minutes. Add the macaroni (or egg noodles), beef broth and sour cream. Cook, stirring, until the mixture thickens slightly, 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and spoon the mixture onto 2 large plates. Sprinkle each portion with the cheese, if desired, and chopped parsley and serve immediately.