This pie is unreal….so go ahead and double the recipe… one to share and one to keep! Seriously, y’all so. good. so. easy! When your husband hyperlinks a pie he finds on yahoo, you make it together!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours (freeze time)
8-oz. cream cheese
1 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
4-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (***for chocolate layer)
12-oz. Cool Whip (***split up: 8ox for peanut butter layer and 4oz for chocolate layer)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pre-baked pie crust (we did a graham cracker crust and it was perfection)
2 layers :: Peanut Butter layer I did in the mixer and Joe did the chocolate layer in mining bowl and microwave
Peanut Butter Layer-
- Add 8-oz. of cream cheese to a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Add peanut butter, sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Fold in 8-oz. of Cool Whip until just mixed. (It’s okay if there are a few small clumps of Cool Whip.)
- Fill pie crust with peanut butter and Cool Whip mixture.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Add 4-oz. or 1 cup of Cool Whip to melted chocolate and mix well.
- Spread chocolate and Cool Whip mixture over pie.
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy! Better than a reese!