It was a beautiful, sunny ‘Texas winter’ morning for an outdoor sensory play date with Baby Boot Camp The Woodlands, Spring, Montgomery South!
Baby Boot Camp is an innovative stroller fitness program that helps moms regain or enhance pre-pregnancy fitness levels and meet the physical challenges of parenting by emphasizing strength training in a supportive environment.
After a great workout with 25 strong moms they went to the park to play in sensory activities which included:
- rose scented pink colored rice
- sensory bags (made with clear hair gel)
- pipe cleaners
- heart rings
- velcro hair curlers
- cotton balls
- bubble wrap
- heart cookie cutters
- crinkle cut paper shreds
- heart confetti
- chunky puzzle pieces hidden and large tweezers for grabbing
- sticky hearts.
Most items for the bins were found in the Valentine’s section of the dollar store!
More Valentine’s sensory ideas can be found on The Spunky Runner blog and The Jenny Revolution.
Thanks for playing- BBC South, Spring, and The Woodlands and Jess for organizing such a fun day outside!!
Join us for the “Play for the Year” series where we challenege you to try 1 new play activity a WEEK, not per day! Let’s have fun together!
Want more fun ideas? Use the Holiday Play link or any of these fun Valentine’s ideas!
- Fine Motor Practice with Heart Threading with Foam Hearts or Pipe Cleaners for little ones
- Fine Motor Window Heart
- Valentine Theme Bath Play for little ones
- Nutella Play dough– one of our favorites, smells amazing! 2 ingredients- no cooking!
- Valentine Craft Paper Play and then Nutella play dough and craft paper combo play
Follow us on Instagram: @TheSpunkyRunner
Use the hashtag: #TheSpunkyRunnerBlog on Instagram and Facebook so we can see all the fun!
Check out all the fun BBC The Woodlands had with the photos below!