2 super easy ways to practice fine motor skills with hearts!
- Foam hearts- use scissors to cut s little slit in the middle
- Ribbon or pipe cleaners
- Use 1 heart to tie at the bottom of the ribbon or pipe cleaner as a stopper
- Level 2- Practicing the pincher grasp and dual hand dexterity – use ribbon- using thumbs and pointer fingers of dominate hands to hold the ribbon. Non dominate hand pick up a foam heart and hold as you thread the ribbon through the slit in the heart.
- Level 1- use a pipe cleaner
- Level 3- make a pattern- alternate red&pink or 2 red&2pink or big heart and little heart.
- Level 4- place the desired pattern on the table and have them find the hearts and then thread them in the matching pattern
Heart Window- 2 versions
What you will need:
- Contact paper cut into hearts
- Tissue paper squares or streamers cut into stripes
What to do:
- Peel off back of contact paper so the sticky side is toward the kids
- Tape the heart to the window or on the table for them to decorate
- When finished, flip the heart so the sticky side is on the window and the smooth side is facing the kids