What you will find below:
- Easy Chicken Pad Thai- No MSG
- Greek Chicken Pitas with Tzatziki Sauce
- Oven Fried BBQ Chicken Wingettes
- Chicken Pot Pie Muffins
- Chicken-Broccoli-Rice Diven Casserole
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Greek Chicken and Arugula Pesto Pita (perfect for lunch)
Easy Chicken Pad Thai No MSG
I was reading Jen Hatmaker’s book, For the Love and in it she talks about a supper club. Pad Thai is her go-to for making a meal that will impress and encouraged us mommas to start a supper club and make this meal. So, I was inspired to create this traditional Thailand meal, even though we have never been to a Thai restaurant! I think we might try one for date night after how easy and delicious this meal turned out!
To make this significantly easier than Jen’s recipe she includes in the book, I found a Annie Chun Pad Thai sauce in the “healthy” section of kroger. This little baby is full of flavor and has no MSG or preservatives. I used the recipe on the bottle.
- 4 TBSP vegetable oil or canola oil (divided)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced (I used onion)
- 8-10 fresh medium sized prawns, cleaned and deveined (or 1 cup of chicken or diced tofu)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts (for garnish- I found the can in the Asian aisle)
- **Em’s Addition of random Veggies- I added whatever I needed to use up in the fridge, broccoli and mushrooms
- 2 TBSP chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 TBSP chopped roasted peanuts
- 3 TBSP scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- half the package of Rice Noodles ****** (STOP! soak the rice noodles in warm tap water while you chop up the veggies and before you actually start cooking, it can take 20-30 mins to get them to the right consistency. I just read the directions on the Rice Noodle bag and I remember Jen Hatmaker making a big deal about this!)… ok, you can continue! 🙂
- Heat 2 TBSP oil in wok or pan over high heat.
- Add garlic, shallots and prawns to pan and cook until prawns are opaque.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining 2 TBSP of oil to pan then pour in eggs; stir until cooked, about 1 minute. Make sure to break up the egg into small pieces.
- Reduce heat to low, add sauce and noodles to pan and mix well.
- Then, add cooked prawns and bean sprouts to noodles and toss.
- Garnish with cilantro, peanuts, scallions, and lime wedges.
Greek Chicken Pitas with Tzatziki sauce
We make this pretty often and love it!! We grill up a bunch of organic chicken and use it for recipes throughout the week. I throw the whole pita in the toaster to get a little warm and barely crispy on the outside. For the extras I do a double toast and slice them up to dip in our Tzatziki sauce.
Chicken greek pitas:
- Arugula or any greens or make a pesto!
- Grilled chicken slices
- Feta sprinkle
- Tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber- seeded, no skin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic powder or garlic but it’s kinda potent raw
- 1/2 of a small lemon zested and squeeze juice
- Optional: add fresh or dried dill or mint
Oven Fried BBQ Chicken Wingettes
- 1 package of wingettes about 2lbs of chicken (wings and drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Vegetable oil
- BBQ sauce
- 9X13 pan and bowl with lid
- Oven 450, 9X13 pan brush some veggie oil on the bottom of the pan. Heat up tblspn of butter in microwave
- Rinse wingettes in cold water, lay on paper towels, pat completely dry, and place on pan (no chicken touching each other)
- Sprinkle Salt/Pepper on chicken and pour butter over the chicken
- Bake for 20-22 mins and turn little wings on the other side, Bake for 20-22 more minutes until golden brown and check insides for no pink color
- Pour some BBQ sauce in the bowl, add chicken, close lid, and shake it all up to coat wings
Cute, easy to make, bakes for only 15 mins, and super flaky crust… yes, please!
- 1/2 of a rotisserie chicken
- 1 (14.5) oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mixed frozen veggies
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can Grands Jr biscuits
- sprinkle black pepper or your favorite spices
Preheat oven 400
Lightly grease the muffin tin, stretch biscuits into the muffin tins
Combine ingredients and distribute on top of the dough
Bake for 15 mins (check at 10 mins)
Makes 12 muffins
Chicken-Broccoli-Rice Diven Casserole
- 1 cup dry rice = 2 cups steamed rice (I use organic long grain basmai brown rice)
- 1/2 bag shredded cheese
- 2 1/2 cups chicken (free range chicken, boiled, then shredded or rotisserie chicken)
- 2 small bunches of broccoli (steamed)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (remember that I chop lots and freeze then in individual 1/2 cup portions to make life easier…. this is that time to use it)
- 1 garlic clove (or a few shakes of granulated garlic powder… different than regular garlic powder, this is perfect in a hurry)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I use Pacific Natural Foods organic, instead of the cambells-crazy-amount-of-salt stuff)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (I LOVE wallaby european style organic sour cream, awesome consistency)
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt/pepper… cayenne pepper to taste
- **Optional: I put in 1/2 cup pureed Butternut Squash, remember I also have that steamed/frozen and ready to go.
- Steam rice and broccoli
- Boil, shred the chicken or rotisserie
- Put all ingredients together in a square 7×7 Pyrex
- 350 for 30 mins, add more time if not bubbly
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 box chicken broth
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 2.5 cup sharp cheddar
- 1 diced red or green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 9×13 casserole pyrex
- Oven 350
- Boil chicken broth and add spaghetti to cook in the broth…. keep the broth after your cook and strain the spaghetti
- Shred Chicken from rotisserie chicken…use however much you want, I used 2 breast and 1 side of the dark meat
- Add to Pyrex and mix together: Shredded chicken, 1.5 cup cheese, soups, onion, bell pepper, seasoning, cooked spaghetti, and top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Use the remaining chicken broth and add to the chicken spaghetti casserole mixture so that it has a wet consistency. It will thicken in the oven.
- Cook for 30-40mins
**Note: ** I made the entire recipe and “cut it” in thirds. 1/3rd of the casserole I put into a smaller pyrex and baked it for what we were going to eat that night. The other 2/3rds of the casserole I put into 2 different gallon bags and froze them for easy dinner later this month.